Baton Rouge, LA – Injuries Reported in Collision on Airline Highway near Old Hammond Highway
Baton Rouge, LA (July 18, 2021) – The Baton Rouge Police Department, firefighters, and local medics responded to the scene of a motor vehicle accident that ended in injuries. At approximately 7 a.m., on July 15, crews were notified that a crash took place on Airline Highway.
Investigations surrounding the incident show that a collision between vehicles blocked the southbound side of Airline Highway in the area of Old Hammond Highway.
Medics responded to the scene of the accident and rendered aid to victims as firefighters and police worked to clear the roadway. An unknown number of victims were transported from the scene to local hospitals for further care. At this time, the incident remains under investigation.
Our thoughts are with the injured victims and their families at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Car Accidents in Louisiana
More than 100 people are injured in motor vehicle crashes every day in our state. In many cases, those harmed are left with life-altering injuries that force them into area hospitals. Many people have to receive immediate medical treatment, spend days or even weeks in area hospitals, and go through months of therapy to recover. In our state, some of the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents include:
- Drivers who fall asleep while behind the wheel
- Drivers who engage in reckless driving behaviors
- Drivers who are impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Drivers who are distracted by phones, food, or others in their vehicle
- Motor vehicle part defects or malfunctions
When victims are hurt in motor vehicle crashes due to the negligence of others, it is crucial that they seek legal guidance from a skilled car accident attorney in Louisiana as soon as possible. Those harmed may have an array of legal options available to help them hold wrongdoers accountable and recover.
Our Louisiana car accident attorneys at Smiley Law Firm truly cares about the well-being of our clients. When people are injured in accidents, we strive to provide them with the best chances of holding wrongdoers accountable and getting the justice they deserve. Our team remains available for our clients and strives to provide responsive and effective legal guidance, answer questions our clients have, and deal with legal complications as they arise. Our team stops at nothing to ensure the legal rights of those harmed are protected so they are in the best position possible to move forward. Our Louisiana personal injury attorneys are dedicated to protecting the legal rights of our clients to ensure they are able to maximize their recoveries and get the compensation they need and deserve. When people are injured in accidents, we strive to provide them with the best chances of holding wrongdoers accountable and getting the justice they deserve. If you were injured in a car accident, reach out to our personal injury attorneys in Louisiana at your earliest convenience. By calling our team at 504-688-3494 or 504-822-2222, we can schedule a free case evaluation at your earliest convenience to explore the legal options available to you.
Note: These posts are constructed with the use of secondary sources. These sources include but are not limited to local and state news stories, local and state police accident reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about injury accidents that take place in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. We did not independently verify the fact surrounding this accident. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact our firm and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will also remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are created to raise awareness about the dangers of driving in Louisiana. We hope that by casting light on serious accidents like this one, other drivers will take heed, and avoid being seriously injured in a similar accident. This post is not a solicitation for business. The information contained in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy