Baton Rouge, LA – Police Investigate Pedestrian Death on Essen Ln
Baton Rouge, LA (July 05, 2021) – Baton Rouge police officers are investigating the scene of an auto-pedestrian accident that killed one person on Monday, July 5th.
Officers from the Traffic Homicide Unit responded to reports of a pedestrian struck by a car in the 5700 block of Essen Lane at about 1:15 a.m.
The pedestrian was fatally injured and died at the scene. Their identity has not been released.
We would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased victim at this time.
Pedestrian Fatalities in Baton Rouge
As reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a pedestrian injury occurs once every 9 minutes, and a pedestrian is fatally struck once every two hours somewhere in the United States. Almost 5,000 pedestrians died as a result of car accidents in 2014. In that same year, 15% of all vehicular deaths were pedestrian fatalities.
Anytime a victim is harmed in a motor vehicle crash because of the negligence of another, it is important that they solicit reliable legal advice from an experienced car crash attorney in Louisiana right away. Victims typically discover that they have a wide variety of legal alternatives available to them as they seek financial recovery.
The compassionate Louisiana pedestrian accident attorneys at Smiley Law Firm have decades of experience in helping our clients hold negligent drivers responsible. Our attorneys are available to guide you through the legal process and endeavor to provide up-to-date and effective legal guidance.
Our Louisiana personal injury attorneys do what it takes to get our clients the maximum amount of financial compensation allowed by law. If you sustained an injury during a car accident, contact our personal injury law firm at 504-688-3494 or 504-822-2222. Schedule a free case examination with a member of our legal team of automobile accident attorneys in Louisiana as soon as possible.
Note: These posts are constructed with the use of secondary sources. These sources include but are not limited to local and state news stories, local and state police accident reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about injury accidents that take place in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. We did not independently verify the fact surrounding this accident. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact our firm and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will also remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are created to raise awareness about the dangers of driving in Louisiana. We hope that by casting light on serious accidents like this one, other drivers will take heed, and avoid being seriously injured in a similar accident. This post is not a solicitation for business. The information contained in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy