Best Features and Cars for Parents to Buy for Teenagers
Today in Parents of Teen Drivers, we are going to be discussing some features for our teen’s cars. Buying your kid’s first car or truck is a big decision, and there are a few ways we can make it inherently safer.
Important factors parents need to consider before buying a car for their child are that you should stay away from high horsepower and high top speed cars. If the temptation is there, it is human nature for kids to want to experiment and race a friend from a red light or see if they can floor it and reach top speed. We need to take the silly option away from them, as this type of behavior increases their chances of getting into an accident.
There is an old adage that bigger vehicles are safer, and current data suggest that this is true. It means getting a big old clunker, a big old car or truck, is a pretty good option for your teen’s first car. They are less likely to get into a severe accident in one of those, and if they are, they tend to be safer.
You should also make sure that the vehicles have high safety ratings. I have found a good website for this, see here Safe Vehicle for Teens. Basically, it runs through the best and safest options for vehicles between $4,000 and $20,000, which are suitable for the first car for your child. Some suggestions include the Volkswagen Passat or Jetta, Subaru Outback, or various Audi’s. They are all solid, affordable choices.
Another excellent source for information like this is the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. They perform tests and put out regular articles on safety ratings for vehicles and other pertinent information.
Please comment below so that we can further the discussion on this vital topic. You can send email me email@example.com – regarding legalities or otherwise.
- New Orleans, LA – EMTs Assist Victims of Injury Accident on I-10 at LA-22
- New Orleans, LA – Crescent City Connection Bridge Site of Injury Crash
- New Orleans, LA – One Killed When Amtrack Train Hits Car Near Carrollton Ave
- Calcasieu Parish, LA – Imy Lamar Dickson Identified as Victim of Fatal Tractor-Trailer Crash on I-10
- Gonzales, LA – Jasy Hunt Dies in Wreck on Coon Trap Rd
- New Orleans, LA – Police, Paramedics Respond to Injury Crash Near Franklin Ave
- New Orleans, LA – Area Near Canal Street Closed Due to Injury Collision
- Toledo Bend, LA – Murphy, Sam, and Young Identified as Victims of Fatal Boating Accident in Toledo Bend
- New Orleans, LA – Car Accident on Highrise Bridge Causes Victim Injuries
- New Iberia, LA – Three Firefighters Injured in Explosion on Hopkins St