Best Features and Cars for Parents to Buy for Teenagers
Today in Parents of Teen Drivers, we are going to be discussing some features for our teen’s cars. Buying your kid’s first car or truck is a big decision, and there are a few ways we can make it inherently safer.
Important factors parents need to consider before buying a car for their child are that you should stay away from high horsepower and high top speed cars. If the temptation is there, it is human nature for kids to want to experiment and race a friend from a red light or see if they can floor it and reach top speed. We need to take the silly option away from them, as this type of behavior increases their chances of getting into an accident.
There is an old adage that bigger vehicles are safer, and current data suggest that this is true. It means getting a big old clunker, a big old car or truck, is a pretty good option for your teen’s first car. They are less likely to get into a severe accident in one of those, and if they are, they tend to be safer.
You should also make sure that the vehicles have high safety ratings. I have found a good website for this, see here Safe Vehicle for Teens. Basically, it runs through the best and safest options for vehicles between $4,000 and $20,000, which are suitable for the first car for your child. Some suggestions include the Volkswagen Passat or Jetta, Subaru Outback, or various Audi’s. They are all solid, affordable choices.
Another excellent source for information like this is the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. They perform tests and put out regular articles on safety ratings for vehicles and other pertinent information.
Please comment below so that we can further the discussion on this vital topic. You can send email me firstname.lastname@example.org – regarding legalities or otherwise.
- Pro Tip To Help With Peace Of Mind While Your Teen Is On The Road
- Texting Laws Are Saving Teen Lives
- American Academy of Pediatrics GDL Recommendations
- UPDATE Teen Drivers Need To Take Physical Test to Get License in Georgia
- How to Handle Your Teen’s Personal Injury Claim – Shortest Version Possible
- What Should Your Teen Do If They Get Pulled Over By The Police?
- How To Handle Property Damage Claims For Your Teen
- Teach Your Teen To Do This If They Are In A Wreck
- Can Teens Drive Their Siblings in Louisiana?
- Is It Safe For Teens To Get Licensed Without Proper Testing?