Best Features and Cars for Parents to Buy for Teenagers
Today in Parents of Teen Drivers, we are going to be discussing some features for our teen’s cars. Buying your kid’s first car or truck is a big decision, and there are a few ways we can make it inherently safer.
Important factors parents need to consider before buying a car for their child are that you should stay away from high horsepower and high top speed cars. If the temptation is there, it is human nature for kids to want to experiment and race a friend from a red light or see if they can floor it and reach top speed. We need to take the silly option away from them, as this type of behavior increases their chances of getting into an accident.
There is an old adage that bigger vehicles are safer, and current data suggest that this is true. It means getting a big old clunker, a big old car or truck, is a pretty good option for your teen’s first car. They are less likely to get into a severe accident in one of those, and if they are, they tend to be safer.
You should also make sure that the vehicles have high safety ratings. I have found a good website for this, see here Safe Vehicle for Teens. Basically, it runs through the best and safest options for vehicles between $4,000 and $20,000, which are suitable for the first car for your child. Some suggestions include the Volkswagen Passat or Jetta, Subaru Outback, or various Audi’s. They are all solid, affordable choices.
Another excellent source for information like this is the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. They perform tests and put out regular articles on safety ratings for vehicles and other pertinent information.
Please comment below so that we can further the discussion on this vital topic. You can send email me firstname.lastname@example.org – regarding legalities or otherwise.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy