Best Features and Cars for Parents to Buy for Teenagers
Today in Parents of Teen Drivers, we are going to be discussing some features for our teen’s cars. Buying your kid’s first car or truck is a big decision, and there are a few ways we can make it inherently safer.
Important factors parents need to consider before buying a car for their child are that you should stay away from high horsepower and high top speed cars. If the temptation is there, it is human nature for kids to want to experiment and race a friend from a red light or see if they can floor it and reach top speed. We need to take the silly option away from them, as this type of behavior increases their chances of getting into an accident.
There is an old adage that bigger vehicles are safer, and current data suggest that this is true. It means getting a big old clunker, a big old car or truck, is a pretty good option for your teen’s first car. They are less likely to get into a severe accident in one of those, and if they are, they tend to be safer.
You should also make sure that the vehicles have high safety ratings. I have found a good website for this, see here Safe Vehicle for Teens. Basically, it runs through the best and safest options for vehicles between $4,000 and $20,000, which are suitable for the first car for your child. Some suggestions include the Volkswagen Passat or Jetta, Subaru Outback, or various Audi’s. They are all solid, affordable choices.
Another excellent source for information like this is the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. They perform tests and put out regular articles on safety ratings for vehicles and other pertinent information.
Please comment below so that we can further the discussion on this vital topic. You can send email me firstname.lastname@example.org – regarding legalities or otherwise.
- Baton Rouge, LA – Car Crash on Plank Rd near Glen Oaks Dr Ends in Injuries
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident with Injuries at Stanford Ave & Hyacinth Ave
- New Orleans, LA – Accident on I-10 near Highrise Bridge Ends in Injuries
- Lafayette, LA – Accident with Injuries at Brentwood Blvd and Arlette Dr
- Duson, LA – Accident at Riceland Rd & Cameron St Ends in Injuries
- Monroe, LA – Four Injured in Fatal Car Crash on US-165 at Centurylink Blvd near Lumen Technologies
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident at Government St & S Foster Dr Results in Injuries
- Baton Rouge, LA – Injury Accident Reported on Silverleaf Ave near Mickens Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident with Injuries Reported at Beechwood Dr & Prescott Rd
- Grand Isle, LA – UPDATE- Ernes Williams & Captain David Ledet Fatally Injured in Boat Crash near Port Fourchon