Covington, LA – Hit-and-Run Driver Critically Injures Cyclist on N. Florida St
Covington, LA (July 06, 2021) – Officers from the Covington Police Department are investigating an accident where a bicyclist was struck by a car that fled the scene on Monday, July 5th.
The crash occurred at about 12:50 p.m. at the intersection of West Jessie Jones Street and North Florida Street in Covington.
Upon their arrival, first responders rendered aid to the bicyclist. The victim was then transported by paramedics to a local trauma center in critical condition.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Bicycle Injury Accidents in Covington
Bicyclists are two times more likely to sustain deadly injuries after being involved in a traffic collision than a vehicle occupant. Those who survive are forced to contend with a very costly and labor-intensive road to recovery.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that, in one recent year, nearly 129,000 people nationwide needed emergency room treatment and additional medical care for bicycle accident-related injuries. Moreover, 5,376 of those 129,000 eventually died due to their injuries.
When bicyclists are injured in car accidents because of the reckless or negligent actions of another driver, they need to reach out to a New Orleans bicycle accident attorney as quickly as possible.
Our accident attorneys in Louisiana work diligently to ensure they are able to maximize their recoveries and get the justice they deserve. If you were injured by a car while riding a bicycle, reach out to our personal injury attorneys in Louisiana at your earliest convenience. By calling our team at 504-688-3494 or 504-822-2222, we can schedule a free case evaluation at your earliest convenience to explore the legal options available to you.
Note: These posts are constructed with the use of secondary sources. These sources include but are not limited to local and state news stories, local and state police accident reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about injury accidents that take place in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. We did not independently verify the fact surrounding this accident. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact our firm and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will also remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are created to raise awareness about the dangers of driving in Louisiana. We hope that by casting light on serious accidents like this one, other drivers will take heed, and avoid being seriously injured in a similar accident. This post is not a solicitation for business. The information contained in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy