Drinking and Driving is Deadly for Teens
Today’s topic for discussion in the Parents of Teen Drivers Facebook Group is alcohol and the effect it has on our young adults while diving.
Alcohol has a terrible effect on the young and old and is almost a pandemic.
Some statistics say one out of every ten children, teens that drive, have driven under the influence of alcohol at one point or another.
Whenever a teen driver has an alcohol level of 0.08 or higher, they are 20% more likely to get into a fatal accident.
It is a grave issue, and we must do something about it. Parents need to educate their children about drinking and driving and how bad of a problem it is.
It is a personal subject for me. When I was a 5-year-old child, we were involved in a fatal car accident. The teen driver of the other car was on the way home from prom and had been drinking. Two of the kids in that car passed away. It was a horrible, tragic event that could have been avoided so easily.
We need to discuss this issue with our children and encourage them not to drink and drive, and find ways to make that a lifelong habit.
Although there has been some progress to curb teen drinking and driving, we can always do more. There is research that shows practical ways to keep teen drivers safe. These include enforcing the minimum legal drinking age, zero-tolerance laws, graduated driver licensing systems, and increased parental involvement.
These are proven steps that can help ensure the safety of teen drivers and other people who are driving on the same roads.
What other measures can we put into place?
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them. Or feel free to email me email@example.com, and I will be happy to answer any legal issues about this subject.
- Tips To Help Your Teen Avoid Road Rage
- Teach Your Teens How to Drive Around Bicycles
- Teen Safety Features – Do You Think They Help Or Hinder Teen Drivers?
- Would You Let Your Teen Drive The Causeway Bridge (26 miles) Every Day for School?
- Best New Cars For Teens
- What You Need To Teach Your Teen About The Trunk
- Teach Your Teen The Best Drivers Seat Position
- Keep Your Teen Safe With Proper Headlight Care
- How To Properly Wear A Seat Belt
- Teach Your Teen How To Handle Emergency Vehicles