Drinking and Driving is Deadly for Teens
Today’s topic for discussion in the Parents of Teen Drivers Facebook Group is alcohol and the effect it has on our young adults while diving.
Alcohol has a terrible effect on the young and old and is almost a pandemic.
Some statistics say one out of every ten children, teens that drive, have driven under the influence of alcohol at one point or another.
Whenever a teen driver has an alcohol level of 0.08 or higher, they are 20% more likely to get into a fatal accident.
It is a grave issue, and we must do something about it. Parents need to educate their children about drinking and driving and how bad of a problem it is.
It is a personal subject for me. When I was a 5-year-old child, we were involved in a fatal car accident. The teen driver of the other car was on the way home from prom and had been drinking. Two of the kids in that car passed away. It was a horrible, tragic event that could have been avoided so easily.
We need to discuss this issue with our children and encourage them not to drink and drive, and find ways to make that a lifelong habit.
Although there has been some progress to curb teen drinking and driving, we can always do more. There is research that shows practical ways to keep teen drivers safe. These include enforcing the minimum legal drinking age, zero-tolerance laws, graduated driver licensing systems, and increased parental involvement.
These are proven steps that can help ensure the safety of teen drivers and other people who are driving on the same roads.
What other measures can we put into place?
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them. Or feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will be happy to answer any legal issues about this subject.
- Baton Rouge, LA – Car Crash on Plank Rd near Glen Oaks Dr Ends in Injuries
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident with Injuries at Stanford Ave & Hyacinth Ave
- New Orleans, LA – Accident on I-10 near Highrise Bridge Ends in Injuries
- Lafayette, LA – Accident with Injuries at Brentwood Blvd and Arlette Dr
- Duson, LA – Accident at Riceland Rd & Cameron St Ends in Injuries
- Monroe, LA – Four Injured in Fatal Car Crash on US-165 at Centurylink Blvd near Lumen Technologies
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident at Government St & S Foster Dr Results in Injuries
- Baton Rouge, LA – Injury Accident Reported on Silverleaf Ave near Mickens Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident with Injuries Reported at Beechwood Dr & Prescott Rd
- Grand Isle, LA – UPDATE- Ernes Williams & Captain David Ledet Fatally Injured in Boat Crash near Port Fourchon