Great Safety Tool to Have If Your Teen Drives Near Water
Hi, Seth Smiley of the Smiley Law Firm here with today’s edition of Parents of Teen Drivers. We are talking about safety features or safety gadgets that you can put in your teen’s car for if they ever get into difficulty.
One tool I would like to suggest is the Acoma Crest, which is a great tool to have and could be a lifesaver in certain conditions. It is basically a glass breaker or a car safety hammer. You use the tip to break the tempered glass in the side windows.
It is useful to have if your teen driver is in an accident and is submerged underwater. If the electronics stop, it is necessary to break the glass to get out. They won’t be able to open the car door due to the water pressure.
Another cool feature is that it has a hidden razor blade that can be used to cut the seatbelts. It will be useful during a panic situation where the intention is to just get out and safe as soon as possible. You should tell your teenage driver to take care of yourself first and then attend to others in the car.
I recommend that you buy this tool if you regularly drive near water. It is quite cheap. I believe you can pick up a two-pack for around $12 on eBay or Amazon. It is certainly worth having to hand in your vehicle.
Within the next couple of weeks, I hope to test this on video on a wreck-type vehicle. Please comment if you would like to see that. Also, if there are any other safety products or devices that you know of and would like to see me test them, please let me know.
I want to encourage the use of products like the Acoma Crest to ensure our teenager’s safety while driving. So please comment and let me have your ideas.
- Youngsville, LA – Vehicle Collision with Injuries Reported on E Milton Ave
- Baton Rouge, LA – Injuries Reported in Crash on I-10 Split
- Monroe, LA – Jathamas White Killed in Car Crash on LA-594 near Powell Ave
- Shreveport, LA – Accident with Injuries Reported on I-20 near Exit 17A
- Shreveport, LA – Injuries Reported in Car Crash at I-10 & Hearne Ave
- Shreveport, LA – Injury Accident Reported at I-220 near Cross Lakes Bridge
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident on I-12 near Range Ave Ends in Injuries
- New Orleans, LA – Injuries Reported in Car Crash on I-10 past Bonnabel Blvd
- New Orleans, LA – Accident with Injuries Reported on US-90 B near Manhattan Blvd
- Lafayette Parish, LA – Accident with Injuries Reported on Verot School Rd