Great Safety Tool to Have If Your Teen Drives Near Water
Hi, Seth Smiley of the Smiley Law Firm here with today’s edition of Parents of Teen Drivers. We are talking about safety features or safety gadgets that you can put in your teen’s car for if they ever get into difficulty.
One tool I would like to suggest is the Acoma Crest, which is a great tool to have and could be a lifesaver in certain conditions. It is basically a glass breaker or a car safety hammer. You use the tip to break the tempered glass in the side windows.
It is useful to have if your teen driver is in an accident and is submerged underwater. If the electronics stop, it is necessary to break the glass to get out. They won’t be able to open the car door due to the water pressure.
Another cool feature is that it has a hidden razor blade that can be used to cut the seatbelts. It will be useful during a panic situation where the intention is to just get out and safe as soon as possible. You should tell your teenage driver to take care of yourself first and then attend to others in the car.
I recommend that you buy this tool if you regularly drive near water. It is quite cheap. I believe you can pick up a two-pack for around $12 on eBay or Amazon. It is certainly worth having to hand in your vehicle.
Within the next couple of weeks, I hope to test this on video on a wreck-type vehicle. Please comment if you would like to see that. Also, if there are any other safety products or devices that you know of and would like to see me test them, please let me know.
I want to encourage the use of products like the Acoma Crest to ensure our teenager’s safety while driving. So please comment and let me have your ideas.
- Baton Rouge, LA – Injury Accident Reported on Jefferson Highway between Stumberg Ln & Dulac Dr
- Vinton, LA – Crash with Injuries Reported on I-10 near Exit 20
- Baton Rouge, LA – Brandon Chews Killed in Crash on LA-408 near LA-410
- New Orleans, LA – EMTs Respond to Crash With Injuries Near St. Bernard Ave
- Sherwood, LA – One Dead in Road Accident on I-12
- New Orleans, LA – Vehicle Injury Collision Near Crowder Blvd
- Grant Parish, LA – Unidentified Driver Killed, One Injured in Crash on US-71
- New Orleans, LA – Ramp to Tchoupitoulas St Closed Due to Accident With Injuries
- New Orleans, LA – Police, Paramedics on Scene of Injury Crash Near Esplanade Ave
- Baker, LA – Child Airlifted in Critical Condition After Crash on Hwy 19