Hammond, LA – Fatal Tractor-Trailer Crash on I-12
Hammond, LA (July 03, 2021) – Louisiana State Police were called to the scene of a fatal car accident on Interstate 12 near the junction of Interstate 55 in Tangipahoa Parish on Friday, July 2nd.
54-year-old Tshombe Myles, a resident of Mobile, AL., was killed during the collision.
According to reports, Myles was traveling westbound on Interstate 12 in a 1998 Mitsubishi Montero when he collided with a 2021 Freightliner tractor-trailer.
Myles sustained severe injuries during the crash.
He was transported by paramedics to a local hospital where he later died from his injuries.
The driver of the tractor-trailer was unharmed during the incident.
As part of the ongoing investigation, toxicology samples were taken from both drivers.
The crash still remains under investigation.
We would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased victim, Mr. Tshombe Myles, at this time.
Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Hammond
Between 1992 and 2002, the number of tractor-trailers involved in deadly collisions has seen a 10% increase caused mainly by preventable circumstances such as driver fatigue, unsafe truck operation, oversized and unbalanced payloads, and faulty equipment. Accidents involving oversized commercial trucks are also subject to the same causative factors as other vehicles, including driver fatigue, drunk driving, driver error, equipment malfunction, and insufficient maintenance.
Our Louisiana personal injury attorneys at Smiley Law Firm genuinely care about the health and welfare of our clients. When an accident that arises from another person’s negligence causes someone harm, it is imperative that they reach out to a dependable Louisiana car accident attorney as soon as they can do so.
Our Louisiana personal injury attorneys fully support our clients and work hard to make sure they receive maximum compensation for their damages. If you were injured in a vehicle collision, don’t wait to get in touch with our car accident attorneys in Louisiana by calling our offices at 504-688-3494 or 504-822-2222, and schedule a free case evaluation to learn about the legal options you have available.
Note: These posts are constructed with the use of secondary sources. These sources include but are not limited to local and state news stories, local and state police accident reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about injury accidents that take place in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. We did not independently verify the fact surrounding this accident. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact our firm and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will also remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are created to raise awareness about the dangers of driving in Louisiana. We hope that by casting light on serious accidents like this one, other drivers will take heed, and avoid being seriously injured in a similar accident. This post is not a solicitation for business. The information contained in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy