Houma, LA – Car Crash on LA-3040 W (West Tunnel Blvd) near LA-664 (Saint Charles St) Ends in Injuries
Houma, LA (March 26, 2021) – An automobile collision reported in the Houma area ended in injuries. At around 12:09 p.m., on March 26, emergency crews were notified that a collision occurred on Louisiana Highway 3040 West.
Reports show that a crash occurred on LA Highway 3040 west, blocking the left lane of the roadway at Louisiana State Highway 664. The incident caused major delays in traffic during the time crews remained on-site clearing the area.
At least one person was transported to a local hospital for treatment. At this time, the circumstances surrounding the incident are under investigation.
Our thoughts are with the victims, their families, and everyone who was affected by this accident.
Car Accidents in Louisiana
Each year, tens of thousands of people are left with serious injuries as a result of motor vehicle accidents across the state of Louisiana. Although people can be vigilant in ensuring the safety of others sharing the road, there is no way to guarantee that other drivers will take your safety into consideration. As a result, hundreds of people are injured daily due to the negligent and reckless actions of others.
In our state, some of the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents include:
- Drivers who are impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Drivers who engage in reckless driving behaviors
- Drivers who are distracted by phones, food, or others in their vehicle
- Drivers who fall asleep while behind the wheel
- Motor vehicle part defects or malfunctions
When victims are injured in accidents due to the negligence of others, they may have legal options available to help them recover compensation to alleviate the financial burdens they face related to medical treatment, lost wages, and more. By consulting with a personal injury attorney in Louisiana, victims can explore the legal options that are available to help them move forward and recover.
Working with a knowledgeable legal team can help to ensure you are in the best position possible to hold wrongdoers accountable and recover. The Louisiana car accident attorneys at Smiley Law Firm have decades of experience helping clients hold wrongdoers accountable after being harmed. Our team remains available for our clients and strives to provide responsive and effective legal guidance, answer questions our clients have, and deal with legal complications as they arise. Our Louisiana personal injury attorneys are dedicated to protecting the legal rights of our clients to ensure they are able to maximize their recoveries and get the compensation they need and deserve. From drafting contracts to reviewing full-fledged litigations, our team understands personal injury law, the unique needs of our clients, and the legal options available to help each one of them move forward after being harmed. If you have been injured in a car accident, contact our personal injury law firm at 504-688-3494 or 504-822-2222. Schedule a free case review with our team of responsive and knowledgeable car accident attorneys in Louisiana at your earliest convenience to discuss legal options available for you.
Note: These posts are constructed with the use of secondary sources. These sources include but are not limited to local and state news stories, local and state police accident reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about injury accidents that take place in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. We did not independently verify the fact surrounding this accident. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact our firm and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will also remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are created to raise awareness about the dangers of driving in Louisiana. We hope that by casting light on serious accidents like this one, other drivers will take heed, and avoid being seriously injured in a similar accident. This post is not a solicitation for business. The information contained in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene.
- New Orleans, LA – EMTs Assist Victims of Injury Accident on I-10 at LA-22
- New Orleans, LA – Crescent City Connection Bridge Site of Injury Crash
- New Orleans, LA – One Killed When Amtrack Train Hits Car Near Carrollton Ave
- Calcasieu Parish, LA – Imy Lamar Dickson Identified as Victim of Fatal Tractor-Trailer Crash on I-10
- Gonzales, LA – Jasy Hunt Dies in Wreck on Coon Trap Rd
- New Orleans, LA – Police, Paramedics Respond to Injury Crash Near Franklin Ave
- New Orleans, LA – Area Near Canal Street Closed Due to Injury Collision
- Toledo Bend, LA – Murphy, Sam, and Young Identified as Victims of Fatal Boating Accident in Toledo Bend
- New Orleans, LA – Car Accident on Highrise Bridge Causes Victim Injuries
- New Iberia, LA – Three Firefighters Injured in Explosion on Hopkins St