How to Join a Class Action Lawsuit in Louisiana
Class action lawsuits in Louisiana differ from traditional personal injury lawsuits. If you’re injured and you know someone else is at fault, you can sue the liable party. But if other victims suffered in the same way you did because of the same negligence, then it’s possible to band together and collectively file a claim.
Taking part in a class action lawsuit can have its benefits. Although you’ll share your settlement with other victims, the settlement could be a large sum of money. You’ll also save money on the front end because you won’t have to pay all the attorney’s fees yourself. If you want to file a class action lawsuit or need help joining one, you can speak with a New Orleans class action lawyer from Smiley Law Firm, LLC.
Types of Cases Suitable for Class Action
A case may be suitable for class action if it involves a defective product that caused suffering for multiple consumers. A defective product may include electronics, pharmaceuticals, household cleaners, or car parts. The injuries consumers experience from defective products may be immediate or long-term.
Class action lawsuits are also suitable for employees. For example, if employees worked in unsafe conditions and later experienced lung damage from toxic exposure, they can file a claim against their employer or the property owner for negligence.
How to Join an Existing Class Action Lawsuit
Once you identify the cause of your injuries, it’s possible that a class action lawsuit already exists against the liable party in your situation. You can use an online database to search pending class action cases if you haven’t received a notice in the mail about joining. A class action lawyer can assist you with joining the case by contacting the attorney for the class action and proving you qualify.
What to Do if No Class Action Case Exists
If no class action exists for what you’ve been through but you believe other victims have suffered in the same way as you, then you can start a class action lawsuit. To start a class action claim, you must take steps to identify who else was injured. There are no limits for getting your case started but to make your claim cost-effective, having at least thirty plaintiffs is reasonable.
Contact a New Orleans Class Action Attorney
Class action lawsuits can be complex. But when you know someone’s negligence injured many people, justice must be served. A New Orleans class action lawyer from Smiley Law Firm, LLC can assess the details of your case and help you determine how to move forward.
We’ll gather evidence, calculate the value of your damages, and negotiate on your behalf while you focus on recovery. You deserve a settlement no matter what path you take to get it. We’ll support you through the legal process every step of the way. To schedule a free consultation, call 504-894-9653 or fill out the contact form below.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy