Is It Safe For Teens To Get Licensed Without Proper Testing?
Online driver’s ed, or allowing permits or other types of driver’s licenses to be issued without taking a proper, physical driver’s test might not be a good idea!
This is Seth Smiley of the Smiley Law Firm with today’s topic for the Parents of Teen Drivers Facebook Group. We will be discussing the wisdom of allowing young teens to take online courses to pass their driving license test.
The COVID-19 pandemic means that regulations are changing and in some cases, driving licenses are issued without having to take the physical test so that close interaction between people can be avoided.
We need to be very careful about all of this. The CDC states that parents are the key here. If your kids are getting licensed to drive without taking the full test, you, as parents, need to control the situation.
You can outline and define the rules for when your teen is behind the wheel and, make a parent-teen agreement with regards to driving. Make it clear that because the rules for licensing have been relaxed, it doesn’t mean the dangers of teen driving have lessened.
It is a great idea to get out on the road with your teen drivers. You can check that they understand all of the rules, and develop their skillset behind the wheel.
Make it clear to them that driving is a privilege, and safety is everything as driving is the number one killer of teens in America.
Licensing regulations have been made easier in Georgia, and teens are allowed to be licensed without the physical road tests. Texas appears to be allowing online tests also. It is vital that we ensure our teens reach the same standards of driving, even if they don’t undergo physical driving tests.
If you have some comments or questions about things that you have seen in your state, please leave a comment below. If there is a law you would like me to check, feel free to Direct Message me and I will get back to you.
- Pro Tip To Help With Peace Of Mind While Your Teen Is On The Road
- Texting Laws Are Saving Teen Lives
- American Academy of Pediatrics GDL Recommendations
- UPDATE Teen Drivers Need To Take Physical Test to Get License in Georgia
- How to Handle Your Teen’s Personal Injury Claim – Shortest Version Possible
- What Should Your Teen Do If They Get Pulled Over By The Police?
- How To Handle Property Damage Claims For Your Teen
- Teach Your Teen To Do This If They Are In A Wreck
- Can Teens Drive Their Siblings in Louisiana?
- Is It Safe For Teens To Get Licensed Without Proper Testing?