Lafayette, LA – Five-Year-Old Drowns in Hotel Pool on Kaliste Saloom Rd
Lafayette, LA (June 19, 2021) – A 5-year-old died on Monday, June 14th when he drowned in the pool of a hotel in Lafayette.
Reports show that, at about 10:50 p.m., officers responded to a hotel in the 200 block of Kaliste Saloom Road to investigate reports that a child had gone missing.
While police were conducting a thorough search of the property they discovered the child dead in the hotel’s swimming pool.
The cause of death, which was ruled accidental, is listed as drowning.
No arrests have been made in connection with this incident, but police are continuing to investigate.
We would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased victim at this time.
Deaths on Hotel Premises in Lafayette
Hotels and motels are private businesses and are therefore required to keep everyone on their property safe. People on the premises will come under one of three classifications: invitees (paying guests), licenses (social guests), and trespassers (persons not legally allowed to be on the property). People who have rooms and are using the pool are invitees and are entitled to the highest degree of care possible. If you were injured in an accident at a hotel pool or a family member drowned, you need to determine what, if any, duty of care the hotel owed you. Once that is established, you can proceed with a claim of premises liability.
A premises liability claim has to have at least one of the three elements listed below. The more elements your claim has, the stronger it will be.
- The manager or owner of the hotel was aware of the danger and failed to notify guests or repair the issue
- The manager or owner of the hotel is the person who caused the danger
- The manager or owner of the hotel owner did not know there was a potential hazard but reasonably would have known if he had been diligent regarding his guest’s safety
When families have to deal with the emotional trauma of losing a loved one, their distress is usually compounded by the financial hardships created by things like funeral expenses, burial costs, and lost wages and benefits. As often as you might do your part to ensure the safety of others and upholding your duty of care, there are no certainties that other people will show you or your family the same courtesy. People who shun the duty of care they owe to others are the primary cause of accidental injuries and deaths throughout the state.
When people are gravely injured in any type of accident that originated with the disregard, negligence, or maliciousness of another person, their immediate family members are entitled to file a claim of wrongful death with a Louisiana wrongful death attorney right away.
The injury accident attorneys at Smiley Law Firm in Louisiana are totally focused on helping their clients recover without having to worry about their legal rights. When families unexpectedly lose one of their own in a tragic yet preventable accident, we do everything in our power to increase their chances of being awarded the financial compensation to which Louisiana law says they are entitled.
For grieving families, the cornerstone of a successful lawsuit is having a strong legal team on their side; one that is devoted to supporting and advising you from beginning to end. Our wrongful death attorneys in Louisiana work diligently to help safeguard the legal rights and best interests of our clients.
If your loved one was killed during any kind of accident, get in touch with our personal injury attorneys in Louisiana as soon as possible. Speak with someone on our team by calling 504-688-3494 or 504-822-2222, and asking us to schedule your no-obligation case review so you can learn about your legal options.
Note: These posts are constructed with the use of secondary sources. These sources include but are not limited to local and state news stories, local and state police accident reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about injury accidents that take place in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. We did not independently verify the fact surrounding this accident. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact our firm and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will also remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are created to raise awareness about the dangers of driving in Louisiana. We hope that by casting light on serious accidents like this one, other drivers will take heed, and avoid being seriously injured in a similar accident. This post is not a solicitation for business. The information contained in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene.
- New Orleans, LA – EMTs Assist Victims of Injury Accident on I-10 at LA-22
- New Orleans, LA – Crescent City Connection Bridge Site of Injury Crash
- New Orleans, LA – One Killed When Amtrack Train Hits Car Near Carrollton Ave
- Calcasieu Parish, LA – Imy Lamar Dickson Identified as Victim of Fatal Tractor-Trailer Crash on I-10
- Gonzales, LA – Jasy Hunt Dies in Wreck on Coon Trap Rd
- New Orleans, LA – Police, Paramedics Respond to Injury Crash Near Franklin Ave
- New Orleans, LA – Area Near Canal Street Closed Due to Injury Collision
- Toledo Bend, LA – Murphy, Sam, and Young Identified as Victims of Fatal Boating Accident in Toledo Bend
- New Orleans, LA – Car Accident on Highrise Bridge Causes Victim Injuries
- New Iberia, LA – Three Firefighters Injured in Explosion on Hopkins St