Lafayette, LA – LA-3000 Site of Car Accident With Injuries
Lafayette, LA (September 05, 2021) – On Sunday, September 5th, state troopers were called to the scene of an injury-causing car accident at about 4:45 p.m.
It took place on the entrance ramp to Interstate 10 from State Highway 3000 in Lafayette.
All eastbound lanes of the interstate were shut down while police investigated.
Emergency medical personnel also responded to the scene to provide the injured parties with any necessary medical treatment or emergency transportation.
No more details are available at this time.
This accident is under investigation by the Louisiana State Police.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Traffic Accidents in Lafayette
It is not uncommon for drivers to be unaware of how fast they are going. Louisiana has a lot of famous tourist destinations and often hosts exhibitions that draw large crowds from other states and countries. Drivers from other places are unfamiliar with our traffic patterns. They are also less likely to obey driving laws than those who live here.
Speeding makes up about one-third of all crash fatalities. On any roadway, you should remain aware of your speed. You may be tempted to drive faster, but speeding by even a few miles per hour raises your odds of getting a ticket and being injured in an accident.
Speeding is a problem drivers can face on any street, not just major roadways. About 34% of all deadly speeding accidents take place on isolated rural roadways and crowded city streets.
Lafayette Car Accident Attorneys
Our Lafayette car accident attorneys fully support our clients and strive to see that they gain maximum compensation for their losses.
Our Louisiana personal injury attorneys at Smiley Law Firm care about their clients. When you are harmed by another driver’s negligence, speak with a car accident attorney in Lafayette as soon as you can.
If you were injured in a vehicle collision, don’t wait to contact our car accident attorneys in Lafayette by calling our offices at 504-688-3494 or 504-822-2222. Ask to schedule a free case evaluation.
Note: These posts are constructed with the use of secondary sources. These sources include but are not limited to local and state news stories, local and state police accident reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about injury accidents that take place in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. We did not independently verify the fact surrounding this accident. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact our firm and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will also remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are created to raise awareness about the dangers of driving in Louisiana. We hope that by casting light on serious accidents like this one, other drivers will take heed, and avoid being seriously injured in a similar accident. This post is not a solicitation for business. The information contained in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy