Lafourche Parish, LA – One Injured in Explosion, Fire on Catfish Lake
Lafourche Parish, LA (June 25, 2021) – Firefighters were called to the scene of a tank battery fire in Pipeline Canal on the west side of Golden Meadow in Lafourche Parish when an oilfield tank battery exploded on Catfish Lake at about 1:30 p.m. on Friday, June 25th.
The fire has since been extinguished except for some parts that are still smoldering. Clean-up efforts are underway.
One person was injured as the area was being evacuated. They were transported to Terrebonne General Hospital for medical treatment.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation, but an official confirmed that the tank is owned by Texas Petroleum.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Explosion Injuries in Lafourche Parish
Anyone who has been hurt in an explosion deserves answers along with financial compensation. Together, these two things are what will provide victims and their families with the closure they need to move forward with their lives. An experienced Louisiana personal injury attorney will conduct a full investigation in order to establish:
- If gross negligence was perpetrated on the part of the property owner or a corporation, making them liable for the explosion
- If a property owner or corporation was aware of the risk of an explosion
- If a faulty product or flawed process resulted in or contributed to the explosion
- If inadequate or improper training led to any worker negligence
Anytime a person is harmed in an accident because of the negligence of another, it is important that they get reliable legal advice from an experienced personal injury attorney in Louisiana right away. Victims normally discover they have a wide variety of legal alternatives available to them as they look for financial recovery.
The caring Louisiana injury accident attorneys at Smiley Law Firm have several decades of experience in helping their clients hold negligent people responsible for their actions. Our attorneys are ready to guide you through this complex legal process and always provide effective and up-to-date legal guidance.
Our Louisiana personal injury attorneys do what it takes to get our clients the maximum amount of financial compensation allowed by law. If you sustained an injury during any kind of accident, contact our personal injury law firm at 504-688-3494 or 504-822-2222. Schedule a free case examination with a member of our legal team of accident attorneys in Louisiana as soon as possible.
Note: These posts are constructed with the use of secondary sources. These sources include but are not limited to local and state news stories, local and state police accident reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about injury accidents that take place in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. We did not independently verify the fact surrounding this accident. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact our firm and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will also remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are created to raise awareness about the dangers of driving in Louisiana. We hope that by casting light on serious accidents like this one, other drivers will take heed, and avoid being seriously injured in a similar accident. This post is not a solicitation for business. The information contained in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene.
- New Orleans, LA – Police, Paramedics Respond to Injury Crash Near Franklin Ave
- New Orleans, LA – Area Near Canal Street Closed Due to Injury Collision
- Toledo Bend, LA – Murphy, Sam, and Young Identified as Victims of Fatal Boating Accident in Toledo Bend
- New Orleans, LA – Car Accident on Highrise Bridge Causes Victim Injuries
- New Iberia, LA – Three Firefighters Injured in Explosion on Hopkins St
- Assumption Parish, LA – Kerry Howard Killed, One Airlifted in Two-Car Accident on LA-308
- New Orleans, LA – I-10 & Causeway Blvd Site of Vehicle Crash With Injuries
- Tangipahoa Parish, LA – Brandon Verneuil Dies in Motorcycle Accident on LA-40
- New Orleans, LA – NOPD Assists Injured Victims After Crash Near Orleans Ave
- Calcasieu Parish, LA – Fatal Tractor-Trailer Accident on I-10 Near Hwy 397