Learn How Seatbelts Save Lives
In this edition of the Parents of Teenage Drivers Facebook Group we will be discussing the importance of wearing seatbelts.
It sounds like common sense, right? That we should all wear seatbelts when in the car?
It might surprise you to learn that there are statistics from as recently as 2017 that 58% of high school students are driving around without wearing seatbelts. Clearly, the message of how seatbelts save lives is not getting across effectively.
It should not be happening in 2020. I am a parent, and we are continually bucking our kids up. It is something that should be ingrained from an early age.
It is essential to get our children to understand why it is vital to wear seatbelts. The airbags are not going to save you automatically. Using a seatbelt is incredibly important.
We need to find ways to encourage the habit of clicking in the seatbelt every time you get in the car. Our kids also need to make sure all of the others in the vehicle with them buckle up. Just because you are in the passenger seat or backseat doesn’t make you safer.
We should emphasize that the driver can get a ticket if their friends in the car with them forget to buckle up.
We see accidents all of the time where kids are not wearing seatbelts, and the results are never pretty. That message needs to be put across forcefully.
If you have any points to raise to further the discussion or questions to ask, feel free to email me email@example.com, and I am happy to talk to you at any time.
- Best New Cars For Teens
- What You Need To Teach Your Teen About The Trunk
- Teach Your Teen The Best Drivers Seat Position
- Keep Your Teen Safe With Proper Headlight Care
- How To Properly Wear A Seat Belt
- Teach Your Teen How To Handle Emergency Vehicles
- Accident Not Your Teen’s Fault? Your Insurance Cannot Go Up!
- Teen Drivers vs. Senior Drivers – Who Wins?
- Tips For Buying Car Insurance For Your Teen Driver
- Vehicular Homicide – The Accident That Can Put Your Teen In Jail