Learn How Seatbelts Save Lives
In this edition of the Parents of Teenage Drivers Facebook Group we will be discussing the importance of wearing seatbelts.
It sounds like common sense, right? That we should all wear seatbelts when in the car?
It might surprise you to learn that there are statistics from as recently as 2017 that 58% of high school students are driving around without wearing seatbelts. Clearly, the message of how seatbelts save lives is not getting across effectively.
It should not be happening in 2020. I am a parent, and we are continually bucking our kids up. It is something that should be ingrained from an early age.
It is essential to get our children to understand why it is vital to wear seatbelts. The airbags are not going to save you automatically. Using a seatbelt is incredibly important.
We need to find ways to encourage the habit of clicking in the seatbelt every time you get in the car. Our kids also need to make sure all of the others in the vehicle with them buckle up. Just because you are in the passenger seat or backseat doesn’t make you safer.
We should emphasize that the driver can get a ticket if their friends in the car with them forget to buckle up.
We see accidents all of the time where kids are not wearing seatbelts, and the results are never pretty. That message needs to be put across forcefully.
If you have any points to raise to further the discussion or questions to ask, feel free to email me email@example.com, and I am happy to talk to you at any time.
- New Orleans, LA – EMTs Assist Victims of Injury Accident on I-10 at LA-22
- New Orleans, LA – Crescent City Connection Bridge Site of Injury Crash
- New Orleans, LA – One Killed When Amtrack Train Hits Car Near Carrollton Ave
- Calcasieu Parish, LA – Imy Lamar Dickson Identified as Victim of Fatal Tractor-Trailer Crash on I-10
- Gonzales, LA – Jasy Hunt Dies in Wreck on Coon Trap Rd
- New Orleans, LA – Police, Paramedics Respond to Injury Crash Near Franklin Ave
- New Orleans, LA – Area Near Canal Street Closed Due to Injury Collision
- Toledo Bend, LA – Murphy, Sam, and Young Identified as Victims of Fatal Boating Accident in Toledo Bend
- New Orleans, LA – Car Accident on Highrise Bridge Causes Victim Injuries
- New Iberia, LA – Three Firefighters Injured in Explosion on Hopkins St