Learn How Seatbelts Save Lives
In this edition of the Parents of Teenage Drivers Facebook Group we will be discussing the importance of wearing seatbelts.
It sounds like common sense, right? That we should all wear seatbelts when in the car?
It might surprise you to learn that there are statistics from as recently as 2017 that 58% of high school students are driving around without wearing seatbelts. Clearly, the message of how seatbelts save lives is not getting across effectively.
It should not be happening in 2020. I am a parent, and we are continually bucking our kids up. It is something that should be ingrained from an early age.
It is essential to get our children to understand why it is vital to wear seatbelts. The airbags are not going to save you automatically. Using a seatbelt is incredibly important.
We need to find ways to encourage the habit of clicking in the seatbelt every time you get in the car. Our kids also need to make sure all of the others in the vehicle with them buckle up. Just because you are in the passenger seat or backseat doesn’t make you safer.
We should emphasize that the driver can get a ticket if their friends in the car with them forget to buckle up.
We see accidents all of the time where kids are not wearing seatbelts, and the results are never pretty. That message needs to be put across forcefully.
If you have any points to raise to further the discussion or questions to ask, feel free to email me email@example.com, and I am happy to talk to you at any time.
- Baton Rouge, LA – Car Crash on Plank Rd near Glen Oaks Dr Ends in Injuries
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident with Injuries at Stanford Ave & Hyacinth Ave
- New Orleans, LA – Accident on I-10 near Highrise Bridge Ends in Injuries
- Lafayette, LA – Accident with Injuries at Brentwood Blvd and Arlette Dr
- Duson, LA – Accident at Riceland Rd & Cameron St Ends in Injuries
- Monroe, LA – Four Injured in Fatal Car Crash on US-165 at Centurylink Blvd near Lumen Technologies
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident at Government St & S Foster Dr Results in Injuries
- Baton Rouge, LA – Injury Accident Reported on Silverleaf Ave near Mickens Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident with Injuries Reported at Beechwood Dr & Prescott Rd
- Grand Isle, LA – UPDATE- Ernes Williams & Captain David Ledet Fatally Injured in Boat Crash near Port Fourchon