Learn How Seatbelts Save Lives
In this edition of the Parents of Teenage Drivers Facebook Group we will be discussing the importance of wearing seatbelts.
It sounds like common sense, right? That we should all wear seatbelts when in the car?
It might surprise you to learn that there are statistics from as recently as 2017 that 58% of high school students are driving around without wearing seatbelts. Clearly, the message of how seatbelts save lives is not getting across effectively.
It should not be happening in 2020. I am a parent, and we are continually bucking our kids up. It is something that should be ingrained from an early age.
It is essential to get our children to understand why it is vital to wear seatbelts. The airbags are not going to save you automatically. Using a seatbelt is incredibly important.
We need to find ways to encourage the habit of clicking on the seatbelt every time you get in the car. Our kids also need to make sure all of the others in the vehicle with them buckle up. Just because you are in the passenger seat or backseat doesn’t make you safer.
We should emphasize that the driver can get a ticket if their friends in the car with them forget to buckle up.
We see accidents all of the time where kids are not wearing seatbelts, and the results are never pretty. That message needs to be put across forcefully.
If you have any points to raise to further the discussion or questions to ask, feel free to email me email@example.com, and I am happy to talk to you at any time.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy