New Orleans, LA – Accident on I-10 near US-90B Ends in Injuries
New Orleans, LA (June 16, 2021) – Emergency crews were notified that their assistance was needed at the scene of a traffic-related incident. On June 15, the New Orleans Police Department was notified that an accident took place on Interstate 10.
Reports from the police show that at around 8:18 p.m., a collision between vehicles blocked the center lane of Interstate 10 East near the intersection at US 90B West. The incident caused some congestion as crews worked to clear the scene.
EMS tended to injured victims on-site before transporting those in need of further care to nearby hospitals. At this time, the incident remains under investigation.
Our thoughts are with the victims injured in this accident. We hope for their fast and full recovery.
Car Accidents in Louisiana
Tens of thousands of people are left with serious injuries as a result of motor vehicle accidents each year throughout the state of Louisiana. Although drivers can be vigilant in ensuring the safety of others sharing the road, there is no way to guarantee that other motorists will take your safety into consideration. As a result, hundreds of people are injured daily due to the negligent and reckless actions of others.
In our state, some of the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents include:
- Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drivers who engage in reckless driving behaviors
- Drivers who are distracted by cellular phones, radios, or passengers in their vehicle
- Drivers who fall asleep while behind the wheel
- Malfunction parts or defective automobiles
When victims are injured in accidents due to the reckless actions of others, they may have legal options available to help them recover compensation to lessen the financial burdens they face related to medical treatment, lost wages, and more. By consulting with a personal injury attorney in Louisiana, victims can explore the legal options that are available to help them move forward and recover.
Working with a reputable law firm can help to ensure you are in the best position possible to hold at-fault drivers accountable and recover. The Louisiana car accident attorneys at Smiley Law Firm have decades of experience helping clients hold wrongdoers accountable after being injured. Our team remains accessible for our clients and strives to provide responsive and effective legal guidance, answer questions our clients have, and deal with legal complications as they arise. Our Louisiana personal injury attorneys are committed to protecting the legal rights of our clients to ensure they are able to maximize their recoveries and get the compensation they need and deserve. From drafting contracts to reviewing litigations, our lawyers understand personal injury law, the unique needs of our clients, and the legal options available to help each one of them move forward after being harmed. If you have been injured in a car accident, contact our personal injury law firm at 504-688-3494 or 504-822-2222. Schedule a free case review with our team of responsive and aggressive car accident attorneys in Louisiana at your earliest convenience to discuss legal options available for you.
Note: These posts are constructed with the use of secondary sources. These sources include but are not limited to local and state news stories, local and state police accident reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about injury accidents that take place in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. We did not independently verify the fact surrounding this accident. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact our firm and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will also remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are created to raise awareness about the dangers of driving in Louisiana. We hope that by casting light on serious accidents like this one, other drivers will take heed, and avoid being seriously injured in a similar accident. This post is not a solicitation for business. The information contained in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy