Science Says One Reason Causes More Teen Accidents than Any Other
Today on Parents of Teen Drivers, we will talk about the fact that there is one reason above all others that is the leading cause of teen accidents, and that is their brain.
Many things go on inside of a car which we have discussed at length in this group. One of the most critical factors from all of the research I have carried out and recent studies that I have read is about how the brain works and how teenagers process distractions.
Distraction can come in many forms, it can come from texting and driving, taking a hands-free phone call, or it can come from other people in the vehicle talking to the teen driver.
The main point is that some teen drivers process this better than others. There is something called a “working memory”, and it deals with the way teenagers can deal with what is going on around them from day-to-day actions while driving, whether they need to be hitting the gas or brakes, turning, or processing other things going on around them. It also deals with the varying levels of distraction going on around them, whether it is from a phone, radio, or other people in the car.
There are studies which state that having one person in the car is safer than many whenever teens are behind the wheel. There are a ton of statistics, but the number one reason why teenagers get into more accidents is due to their brain.
Seth Smiley of the Smiley Law Firm here and if you have any questions or would like me to put up more information pertaining to this issue on the group let me know.
- Pro Tip To Help With Peace Of Mind While Your Teen Is On The Road
- Texting Laws Are Saving Teen Lives
- American Academy of Pediatrics GDL Recommendations
- UPDATE Teen Drivers Need To Take Physical Test to Get License in Georgia
- How to Handle Your Teen’s Personal Injury Claim – Shortest Version Possible
- What Should Your Teen Do If They Get Pulled Over By The Police?
- How To Handle Property Damage Claims For Your Teen
- Teach Your Teen To Do This If They Are In A Wreck
- Can Teens Drive Their Siblings in Louisiana?
- Is It Safe For Teens To Get Licensed Without Proper Testing?