Science Says One Reason Causes More Teen Accidents than Any Other
Today on Parents of Teen Drivers, we will talk about the fact that there is one reason above all others that is the leading cause of teen accidents, and that is their brain.
Many things go on inside of a car which we have discussed at length in this group. One of the most critical factors from all of the research I have carried out and recent studies that I have read is about how the brain works and how teenagers process distractions.
Distraction can come in many forms, it can come from texting and driving, taking a hands-free phone call, or it can come from other people in the vehicle talking to the teen driver.
The main point is that some teen drivers process this better than others. There is something called a “working memory”, and it deals with the way teenagers can deal with what is going on around them from day-to-day actions while driving, whether they need to be hitting the gas or brakes, turning, or processing other things going on around them. It also deals with the varying levels of distraction going on around them, whether it is from a phone, radio, or other people in the car.
There are studies that state that having one person in the car is safer than many whenever teens are behind the wheel. There are a ton of statistics, but the number one reason why teenagers get into more accidents is due to their brains.
Seth Smiley of the Smiley Law Firm is here and if you have any questions or would like me to put up more information pertaining to this issue on the group let me know.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy