Shreveport, LA – Body of Woman Recovered from Pool at Olde Salem Village Apts
Shreveport, LA (July 01, 2021) – The Shreveport Fire Department was dispatched to the Olde Salem Village Apartments on Buncombe Road following reports of a drowning on Thursday, July 1st.
Shreveport Police along with the local fire department and paramedics responded at about 2:50 p.m. and quickly located the 30-year-old victim not breathing and unresponsive in the pool.
Paramedics transported the woman to a nearby hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Her identity has not been released.
We would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased victim at this time.
Deaths on Apartment Complex Premises in Shreveport
An apartment complex is considered private property and ais re therefore required to keep welcome visitors safe. People on the premises will fall under one of three groups:
- Invitees (paying guests)
- Licensees (social guests)
- Trespassers (persons not legally allowed to be on the property)
Tenants with a viable lease along with their guests are invitees, allowed to use the pool in accordance with the rules, and entitled to the highest degree of care possible. If you were injured in an accident at an apartment swimming pool or a family member drowned, you need to determine what, if any, duty of care the hotel owed you. Once that is established, you can proceed with a claim of premises liability.
A premises liability claim has to have at least one of the three elements listed below. The more elements your claim has, the stronger it will be.
- The manager or owner of the apartment complex was aware of the danger and failed to notify tenants or repair the issue
- The manager or owner of the apartment complex is the person responsible for the danger
- The manager or owner of the apartment complex was unaware there was a potential hazard but reasonably would have known if he or she had been diligent regarding the safety of their tenants
When people are gravely injured in any type of accident that originated with the disregard, negligence, or maliciousness of another person, their immediate family members are entitled to file a claim of wrongful death with a Louisiana wrongful death attorney right away.
The injury accident attorneys at Smiley Law Firm in Louisiana are totally focused on helping their clients recover without having to worry about their legal rights. When families unexpectedly lose one of their own in a tragic yet preventable accident, we do everything in our power to increase their chances of being awarded the financial compensation to which Louisiana law says they are entitled.
For grieving families, the cornerstone of a successful lawsuit is having a strong legal team on their side; one that is devoted to supporting and advising you from beginning to end. Our personal injury attorneys in Louisiana work diligently to help safeguard the legal rights and best interests of our clients.
If your loved one was killed during any kind of accident, get in touch with our personal injury attorneys in Louisiana as soon as possible. Speak with someone on our team by calling 504-688-3494 or 504-822-2222, and asking us to schedule your no-obligation case review so you can learn about your legal options.
Note: These posts are constructed with the use of secondary sources. These sources include but are not limited to local and state news stories, local and state police accident reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about injury accidents that take place in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. We did not independently verify the fact surrounding this accident. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact our firm and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will also remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are created to raise awareness about the dangers of driving in Louisiana. We hope that by casting light on serious accidents like this one, other drivers will take heed, and avoid being seriously injured in a similar accident. This post is not a solicitation for business. The information contained in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy