Shreveport, LA – Pilot Fred L Phillips Killed in Plane Crash Over Cross Lake
Shreveport, LA (May 24, 2021) – One person has lost their life following a plane accident in the Shreveport area on Sunday afternoon. On May 23, emergency crews were notified that their assistance was needed at the scene of an accident over Cross Lake.
Reports from the Shreveport Fire Department officials show that at around 2:45 p.m., a pilot of a 2017 Jon M Corneal Subsonex airplane owed by Pocket Jet LLC was involved in a crash over Cross Lake.
The pilot went missing immediately following the accident. Crews arrived at the scene and began to search the area for the pilot. After 3:31 p.m., emergency crews located the submerged single-seat aircraft in the water.
Firefighters lifted the airplane out of the lake and discovered the body of the pilot, Fred L. Phillips. Phillips was pronounced deceased at the scene. At this time, the National Transportation Safety Board and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) are investigating.
We would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of the victim who lost their life in this accident. Our thoughts are with them at this time.
Fatal Aviation Accidents in Louisiana
People across Louisiana own private aircraft for transportation and recreational purposes. Although these vehicles are generally reliable when it comes to transporting them quickly to their destination, no method of air travel is without risk. In fact, hundreds of people lose their lives each year in aviation accidents across the United States. Here in Louisiana, we see many people lose their lives in plane and helicopter crashes due to pilot error, defective parts, communication problems, and negligence. When people lose their lives in serious accidents, their surviving relatives may have legal options available to help them move forward. Families should reach out to a reputable wrongful death attorney in Louisiana as soon as possible to explore legal options available to help them get the justice they deserve from those who cause them harm.
Our team at Smiley Law Firm truly cares about the well-being of our clients. When families lose loved ones in accidents, we strive to provide them with the best chances of holding wrongdoers accountable and getting the justice they deserve. It is important that you have a team by your side that is committed to guiding and assisting you every step of the way. Our aviation accident attorneys in Louisiana are concerned about results, and we make it a priority to be there for each of our clients to answer questions they have, to help them avoid legal missteps, and to deal with the complications that arise throughout the legal process. If your loved one has lost their life as a result of a plane accident, reach out to our personal injury attorneys in Louisiana at your earliest convenience. By calling our team at 504-688-3494 or 504-822-2222, we can schedule a free case evaluation at your earliest convenience to explore the legal options available to you.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy