UPDATE Teen Drivers Need To Take Physical Test to Get License in Georgia
Seth Smiley of the Smiley Law Firm here with an update for the Parents of Teen Drivers Facebook Group. A few days back, I did a video regarding the potential changes in licensing laws for teens in various areas. COVID-19 has led to certain areas not requiring a physical test to get a driving license.
I have read an update from Georgia. The folks there had planned to allow permanent licenses to be issued without physical tests, but the governor has come back and said that it is not how the statute was meant to be interpreted.
So, though there are many changes due to COVID-19, they now plan to bring drivers back at the appropriate time to take the full test.
It is an excellent example of how laws get passed and are then reviewed, and they make changes, adjust things, and make clarifications.
You must teach your kids the rules of the road and educate them so that they can pass the driving test when they have to go back and take it.
For Louisiana, we have not yet suspended any of the rules for driving tests, and let’s hope it never comes to that.
So. I just wanted to update you if anyone was worried about unqualified drivers being licensed and on the road.
If you have any further questions about the rules for driving licenses being issued, please shoot me a direct message or leave a comment below.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy