Teen Driving Is Dangerous – The Stats Are Real
Seth Smiley here from the Smiley Law Firm with today’s edition of Parents of Teen Drivers. Our topic today is, “Teen driving is dangerous – the stats are real!”
The teen driving statistics make for horrendous reading, and the fact of the matter is that teens are ten times more likely to be in an accident than an older adult. You can set up a Google alert to get a daily digest about what is going on with teen drivers, but it will make for sad reading.
It is a fact that teen driving is dangerous – the stats are real! So what can we do about it? Fatal accidents happen far more often in the few years after teens get their license as they are still prone to errors, and their brain is still undeveloped. Hence, they struggle to be able to monitor the situation, maintain the vehicle, and be smart on the roads.
If we accept that teen driving is dangerous – the stats are real is a fact we can look to a teen driving school for additional lessons in safe driving. Licensing is a privilege, and like doctors and lawyers, teen drivers need to continue learning after they qualify.
In our society, it seems that as soon as we qualify for a driving license – off we go and we are considered experts. It is wrong, and there is still plenty to learn! It would be best if you kept reminding your teens of the dangers and the teen driving laws.
There are many teen driving courses for advanced safe driving available, and they are worth looking into properly. Like everything in life we get better with practice so extra lessons, even after getting a full license can be an excellent way to reduce the fact that teen driving is dangerous – the stats are real!
So, we should all be aware of the facts. 16 to 19 years of age are by far the most dangerous years for drivers. Just getting our teens driving safely through these ages will dramatically lessen their statistical chance of ever getting into a fatal accident.
If you have any comments or input about our topic of “Teen driving is dangerous – the stats are real!” Please comment below, and let’s get the conversation started about how we can improve things.
- Youngsville, LA – Vehicle Collision with Injuries Reported on E Milton Ave
- Baton Rouge, LA – Injuries Reported in Crash on I-10 Split
- Monroe, LA – Jathamas White Killed in Car Crash on LA-594 near Powell Ave
- Shreveport, LA – Accident with Injuries Reported on I-20 near Exit 17A
- Shreveport, LA – Injuries Reported in Car Crash at I-10 & Hearne Ave
- Shreveport, LA – Injury Accident Reported at I-220 near Cross Lakes Bridge
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident on I-12 near Range Ave Ends in Injuries
- New Orleans, LA – Injuries Reported in Car Crash on I-10 past Bonnabel Blvd
- New Orleans, LA – Accident with Injuries Reported on US-90 B near Manhattan Blvd
- Lafayette Parish, LA – Accident with Injuries Reported on Verot School Rd