Tips to Stop Distracted Driving in Teen Drivers
Today in the Parents of Teen Drivers official Facebook Group we are going to be talking about distracted driving and what we can do to solve this problem.
Distracted driving is a huge issue when it comes to teens getting behind the wheel of a vehicle. Inexperienced drivers are particularly susceptible to distractions and we need to find ways to stop accidents happening due to this.
Cellphones are the main problem, but stereos, changing the station on the radio, friends talking, and taking the teen driver’s attention away from the road and other concerns are all issues that need to be addressed. They are all huge safety risks.
The best way to stop accidents happening is to find and stop the root cause.
Our aim is to figure out ways to eliminate these accidents from occurring. Positive steps would be encouraging cellphones being put in the trunk, or another part of the car, or simply being switched off to totally avoid that temptation while driving.
Voice operated radios and stereos seem to be a good option to make things easier for teen drivers.
Education is another positive method. Teens know the risks of driving but they do need to be reminded of the dangers they put themselves in by not fully concentrating on the road. They need to have it on their mind every time they drive that sometimes it only takes a millisecond of losing concentration to cause an accident.
There are lots of other things that we can do to avoid distractions in teens while behind the wheel of a car. It is vital that we find solutions as it is a leading cause of death for teenagers.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy