Overview of Apps for Parents to Track Teen Drivers
Seth Smiley here of the Smiley Law Firm. Today in Parents of Teen Drivers, we are discussing a topic that I have long wondered about – is there a leader in the app space that keeps teen drivers safe behind the wheel?
The short answer is… not really, at least that I could find. I started researching and assumed that I would be overwhelmed by different vendors in this space. It simply wasn’t the case that there are a lot of options out there for apps to keep teens safe behind the wheel.
There were a couple of leaders, and overall around eight to ten options. Some of the bigger ones, with good options, were from the phone companies. Verizon has one called Hum. Verizon also has an app.
I found a few more in the iTunes store which didn’t have accompanying websites, so I am unsure of the features included.
Autobrain seems to be one of the best and has a lot of features to keep your family safe. I was also impressed by MamaBear as it included family news, social monitoring, location sharing, and various things like that.
I have discussed these apps with some parents, and they are happy that they receive updates when their kid is in the car, when speeding occurs, etc. Some of these can be very helpful.
If you are using these apps effectively, please share your experiences below. I definitely want to dive into these apps further so we can make recommendations. Keeping your kids safe online and behind the wheel is essential, so let me know your thoughts.
- Pro Tip To Help With Peace Of Mind While Your Teen Is On The Road
- Texting Laws Are Saving Teen Lives
- American Academy of Pediatrics GDL Recommendations
- UPDATE Teen Drivers Need To Take Physical Test to Get License in Georgia
- How to Handle Your Teen’s Personal Injury Claim – Shortest Version Possible
- What Should Your Teen Do If They Get Pulled Over By The Police?
- How To Handle Property Damage Claims For Your Teen
- Teach Your Teen To Do This If They Are In A Wreck
- Can Teens Drive Their Siblings in Louisiana?
- Is It Safe For Teens To Get Licensed Without Proper Testing?