Harvey, LA – Fatal Motorcycle Accident at 4th St and Destrehan Blvd Ave
Harvey, LA (June 27, 2021) – The Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office was called to the scene of a fatal two-vehicle accident on Saturday, June 26th in Harvey.
Deputies responded to the intersection of Destrehan Avenue and 4th Street at about 8:00 a.m. when a motorcycle and a dumbo truck collided.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
Speed is believed to be a factor in the crash. An autopsy that includes toxicology will be performed.
We would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased victim (Use the name of the victim if we have it) at this time.
Motorcycle Accidents in Harvey
Life-ending accidents are a harsh reality encountered by bikers far more often than the driver or passengers of any other motor vehicle. Although only 4% of registered vehicles in the state of Louisiana are motorcycles, the state’s Office of Motor Vehicles has noted that almost 300 fatal Louisiana vehicle accidents happened in 2017, more than 40 of which were motorcyclists.
Our team at Smiley Law Firm genuinely cares about the well-being of our clients. When families lose loved ones in accidents, we aim to provide them with the best chances of holding lawbreakers accountable and getting the justice they deserve. It is important that you have a team by your side that is committed to advising and assisting you every step of the way.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys in Louisiana are concerned about results, and we make it a priority to be there for each of our clients to answer questions they have, to help them circumvent legal mistakes, and to deal with the complications that arise throughout the legal process.
If your loved one has lost their life as a result of a motorcycle accident, reach out to our personal injury attorneys in Louisiana at your earliest convenience. By speaking with our team at 504-688-3494 or 504-822-2222, we can schedule a free case evaluation at your earliest convenience to explore the legal options available to you.
Note: These posts are constructed with the use of secondary sources. These sources include but are not limited to local and state news stories, local and state police accident reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about injury accidents that take place in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. We did not independently verify the fact surrounding this accident. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact our firm and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will also remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are created to raise awareness about the dangers of driving in Louisiana. We hope that by casting light on serious accidents like this one, other drivers will take heed, and avoid being seriously injured in a similar accident. This post is not a solicitation for business. The information contained in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy