Shreveport, LA – Officer-Involved Injury Accident on Mansfield Rd
Shreveport, LA (July 13, 2021) – A roadway in Shreveport was temporarily shut down following a car accident involving a police officer on Tuesday, July 13th.
Police were notified of the incident at the intersection of Southside Drive and Mansfield Road, in the area of State Highway 3132 via a 911 call at about 5:15 a.m.
According to officers on the scene, the officer was driving southbound on Mansfield Road responding to reports of a stabbing when it was involved in a collision with another vehicle.
Both the officer and the other driver were transported to a hospital in Shreveport hospital with injuries believed to be non-life-threatening.
No additional details have been released.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Traffic Accidents in Shreveport
An extensive study carried out by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration showed that more than 2,307,000 vehicle collisions happened at intersections all across the United States in 2017. These kinds of collisions compose 40% of all accidents nationwide. This shows that close to half of America’s accidents take place in intersections.
Our Louisiana personal injury attorneys at Smiley Law Firm genuinely care about the health and welfare of our clients. When an accident that arises from another person’s negligence causes someone harm, it is imperative that they reach out to a dependable Louisiana car accident attorney as soon as they can do so.
Our Louisiana personal injury attorneys fully support our clients and work hard to make sure they receive maximum compensation for their damages. If you were injured in a vehicle collision, don’t wait to get in touch with our car accident attorneys in Louisiana by calling our offices at 504-688-3494 or 504-822-2222, and schedule a free case evaluation to learn about the legal options you have available.
Note: These posts are constructed with the use of secondary sources. These sources include but are not limited to local and state news stories, local and state police accident reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about injury accidents that take place in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana. We did not independently verify the fact surrounding this accident. If you locate any information that is inaccurate, please contact our firm and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will also remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are created to raise awareness about the dangers of driving in Louisiana. We hope that by casting light on serious accidents like this one, other drivers will take heed, and avoid being seriously injured in a similar accident. This post is not a solicitation for business. The information contained in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene.
- New Orleans, LA – Police, Paramedics Respond to Injury Crash Near Franklin Ave
- New Orleans, LA – Area Near Canal Street Closed Due to Injury Collision
- Toledo Bend, LA – Murphy, Sam, and Young Identified as Victims of Fatal Boating Accident in Toledo Bend
- New Orleans, LA – Car Accident on Highrise Bridge Causes Victim Injuries
- New Iberia, LA – Three Firefighters Injured in Explosion on Hopkins St
- Assumption Parish, LA – Kerry Howard Killed, One Airlifted in Two-Car Accident on LA-308
- New Orleans, LA – I-10 & Causeway Blvd Site of Vehicle Crash With Injuries
- Tangipahoa Parish, LA – Brandon Verneuil Dies in Motorcycle Accident on LA-40
- New Orleans, LA – NOPD Assists Injured Victims After Crash Near Orleans Ave
- Calcasieu Parish, LA – Fatal Tractor-Trailer Accident on I-10 Near Hwy 397