Pro Tip To Help With Peace Of Mind While Your Teen Is On The Road
Hi, this is Seth Smiley from the Smiley Law Firm, and today in the Parents of Teen Drivers Facebook Group we are discussing a good tip for having peace of mind while your kids are out on the road.
It might seem old school, but it has always worked well for me in the past, so I wanted to share it with you. Today’s tip is about the AAA (American Auto Association). It is an auto club which has been around for a long time, and I have been a member for about seven years. Prices are reasonable at approximately $30 to $40 per year, and you can add family members and associates.
It gives you peace of mind that if your loved ones are out on the road, and something occurs, such as a flat tire, they run out of gas, get locked out, or need a tow they have a company to turn to for help. It is their business, and they have trucks everywhere ready to help.
There is no longer a membership card, but they now have an app. When your teen is signed up, they can install the AAA app and have an easy way to get help. It is one of the first calls that they should make. It has a GPS locator, so they will be able to find them easily.
They can easily schedule a truck to come out. The AAA can jumpstart a car, reinflate tires, pop a lock, or bring them in for a tow.
There are more expensive upgrades, which I don’t think are necessary, unless they address a specific concern that you have.
There are other options, such as through your phone service, or auto insurance, but I like AAA as it is easy to remember and has a good reputation. It also offers discounts for hotel bookings, theme parks, etc.
The rules might vary from state to state, but you can look at the AAA website and sign up there and just put it on auto-renew.
I believe this is a handy tool for your teen driver to have and a way for you to have peace of mind when they are behind the wheel.
If you have any other services to recommend or further input, please comment below or send me a Direct Message.
- New Orleans, LA – EMTs Assist Victims of Injury Accident on I-10 at LA-22
- New Orleans, LA – Crescent City Connection Bridge Site of Injury Crash
- New Orleans, LA – One Killed When Amtrack Train Hits Car Near Carrollton Ave
- Calcasieu Parish, LA – Imy Lamar Dickson Identified as Victim of Fatal Tractor-Trailer Crash on I-10
- Gonzales, LA – Jasy Hunt Dies in Wreck on Coon Trap Rd
- New Orleans, LA – Police, Paramedics Respond to Injury Crash Near Franklin Ave
- New Orleans, LA – Area Near Canal Street Closed Due to Injury Collision
- Toledo Bend, LA – Murphy, Sam, and Young Identified as Victims of Fatal Boating Accident in Toledo Bend
- New Orleans, LA – Car Accident on Highrise Bridge Causes Victim Injuries
- New Iberia, LA – Three Firefighters Injured in Explosion on Hopkins St