The Only Way To Ensure Your Family Is Financially Protected In A Crash
This is Seth Smiley of Smiley Law Firm, and today’s topic in Parents of Teen Drivers is an important one. It is about the only way to ensure your family is financially protected in a car crash.
It includes teen drivers, any of your other children who may be in the car with them, or yourself and even includes when you are driving them around.
I call this the holy grail of insurance, and far too many people are unaware of this essential coverage. In our industry, we call it UM, which means Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage.
It works like this if your child is driving around and a negligent driver rams into them with no fault of your child, you are totally reliant on the other driver’s insurance policy.
Are you going to sit there and trust that some random driver has excellent insurance to cover paying for surgery or fixing a broken arm if your kid needs it?
There is a possibility that someone can be underinsured or even let their policy lapse. If that is the case, the only way for you to be adequately protected financially is to have your own UM insurance.
The small extra payment is worth it. One day soon I will invite an insurance agent to come into the group so that I can interview him, and we can learn more about the best insurance options to protect our families in case of an accident.
I often see people come into my law firm who have suffered serious injury through no fault of their own, and they struggle to get properly compensated. It needs to change!
I often speak about the importance of UM coverage, and I urge you to get this so that your family is adequately protected.
If you have any questions or thoughts about this, please leave a message below. If you have legal questions or would like me to look over the DEC page of your insurance policy and check if you have proper UM coverage, please email me email@example.com. I can highlight and show you exactly what your insurance covers.
- New Orleans, LA – EMTs Assist Victims of Injury Accident on I-10 at LA-22
- New Orleans, LA – Crescent City Connection Bridge Site of Injury Crash
- New Orleans, LA – One Killed When Amtrack Train Hits Car Near Carrollton Ave
- Calcasieu Parish, LA – Imy Lamar Dickson Identified as Victim of Fatal Tractor-Trailer Crash on I-10
- Gonzales, LA – Jasy Hunt Dies in Wreck on Coon Trap Rd
- New Orleans, LA – Police, Paramedics Respond to Injury Crash Near Franklin Ave
- New Orleans, LA – Area Near Canal Street Closed Due to Injury Collision
- Toledo Bend, LA – Murphy, Sam, and Young Identified as Victims of Fatal Boating Accident in Toledo Bend
- New Orleans, LA – Car Accident on Highrise Bridge Causes Victim Injuries
- New Iberia, LA – Three Firefighters Injured in Explosion on Hopkins St