The Only Way To Ensure Your Family Is Financially Protected In A Crash
This is Seth Smiley of Smiley Law Firm, and today’s topic in Parents of Teen Drivers is an important one. It is about the only way to ensure your family is financially protected in a car crash.
It includes teen drivers, any of your other children who may be in the car with them, or yourself and even includes when you are driving them around.
I call this the holy grail of insurance, and far too many people are unaware of this essential coverage. In our industry, we call it UM, which means Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage.
It works like this if your child is driving around and a negligent driver rams into them with no fault of your child, you are totally reliant on the other driver’s insurance policy.
Are you going to sit there and trust that some random driver has excellent insurance to cover paying for surgery or fixing a broken arm if your kid needs it?
There is a possibility that someone can be underinsured or even let their policy lapse. If that is the case, the only way for you to be adequately protected financially is to have your own UM insurance.
The small extra payment is worth it. One day soon I will invite an insurance agent to come into the group so that I can interview him, and we can learn more about the best insurance options to protect our families in case of an accident.
I often see people come into my law firm who have suffered serious injury through no fault of their own, and they struggle to get properly compensated. It needs to change!
I often speak about the importance of UM coverage, and I urge you to get this so that your family is adequately protected.
If you have any questions or thoughts about this, please leave a message below. If you have legal questions or would like me to look over the DEC page of your insurance policy and check if you have proper UM coverage, please email me email@example.com. I can highlight and show you exactly what your insurance covers.
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported from Crash Scene on I-10 at Veterans Blvd
- Baton Rouge, LA – One Lane Closed Due to Car Accident With Injuries on I-10 at Lobdell Hwy
- Lafayette, LA – Injury-Causing Accident on I-10 at Church Point
- Baton Rouge, LA – Vehicle Collision Leads to Victim Injuries on Government St
- New Orleans, LA – LSP Aids Injured Victims After Car Accident on I-10 at Canal St
- DeSoto Parish, LA – Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run on I-49, Suspect Arrested
- New Orleans, LA – Police, EMTs Respond to Car Accident on I-10 at Carrolton Ave
- Rayne, LA – Two DOT Subcontractors Struck by SUV on Hwy 90 Near Gina St
- New Orleans, LA – Victims Transported From Scene of Car Accident on I-10 at Morrison Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Police Respond to Accident Involving School Bus on Old Hammond Hwy