The Only Way To Ensure Your Family Is Financially Protected In A Crash
This is Seth Smiley of Smiley Law Firm, and today’s topic in Parents of Teen Drivers is an important one. It is about the only way to ensure your family is financially protected in a car crash.
It includes teen drivers, any of your other children who may be in the car with them, or yourself and even includes when you are driving them around.
I call this the holy grail of insurance, and far too many people are unaware of this essential coverage. In our industry, we call it UM, which means Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage.
It works like this if your child is driving around and a negligent driver rams into them with no fault of your child, you are totally reliant on the other driver’s insurance policy.
Are you going to sit there and trust that some random driver has excellent insurance to cover paying for surgery or fixing a broken arm if your kid needs it?
There is a possibility that someone can be underinsured or even let their policy lapse. If that is the case, the only way for you to be adequately protected financially is to have your own UM insurance.
The small extra payment is worth it. One day soon I will invite an insurance agent to come into the group so that I can interview him, and we can learn more about the best insurance options to protect our families in case of an accident.
I often see people come into my law firm who have suffered serious injury through no fault of their own, and they struggle to get properly compensated. It needs to change!
I often speak about the importance of UM coverage, and I urge you to get this so that your family is adequately protected.
If you have any questions or thoughts about this, please leave a message below. If you have legal questions or would like me to look over the DEC page of your insurance policy and check if you have proper UM coverage, please email me email@example.com. I can highlight and show you exactly what your insurance covers.
- Baton Rouge, LA – Car Crash on Plank Rd near Glen Oaks Dr Ends in Injuries
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident with Injuries at Stanford Ave & Hyacinth Ave
- New Orleans, LA – Accident on I-10 near Highrise Bridge Ends in Injuries
- Lafayette, LA – Accident with Injuries at Brentwood Blvd and Arlette Dr
- Duson, LA – Accident at Riceland Rd & Cameron St Ends in Injuries
- Monroe, LA – Four Injured in Fatal Car Crash on US-165 at Centurylink Blvd near Lumen Technologies
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident at Government St & S Foster Dr Results in Injuries
- Baton Rouge, LA – Injury Accident Reported on Silverleaf Ave near Mickens Rd
- Baton Rouge, LA – Accident with Injuries Reported at Beechwood Dr & Prescott Rd
- Grand Isle, LA – UPDATE- Ernes Williams & Captain David Ledet Fatally Injured in Boat Crash near Port Fourchon